- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
The Zoological Parks and Gardens Board of Victoria is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information online.
Information collected by Zoos Victoria
For each visitor to our website, our web server collects the following type of information for statistical purposes:
- Number of users who visit the website
- Date and time of the visits
- Pages accessed
- User's top-level domain name (for example .com or .gov)
- Previous site visited
- Type of browser used
- User's operating system (such as Windows or Macintosh)
This is anonymous statistical data; no attempt will be made to identify users. We use this data to evaluate our website and to improve the content we display to you.
In addition to the information that we collect upon your initial access to our site, we may ask you for personal information at other times, such as (but not limited to) when you:
- Make a purchase at our online store
- Enter promotions or contests
- Respond to a survey
- Participate in a discussion forum
- Request information from us
- Make a donation or join a sponsorship scheme
- Apply to help us in a voluntary capacity (including work experience)
- Make a booking for a group visit or attendance at a Zoo function
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Zoos Victoria may disclose your information to specialist service providers such as, but not limited to:
- data analysis specialists
- statement producers
- data mail houses
- data processing organisations
- specialist call centres
Where such disclosures are made, your personal information will be protected through confidentiality agreements and other contractual obligations.
Zoos Victoria may also use your information for:
- Keeping you informed about special promotions, events and other special offers and discounts relevant to the Zoo and its members program
- Planning, research, marketing and product and service development
Aggregated (or de-identified) data may be shared with approved business partners from time to time, for analysis and research purposes. It may also be used in the development of products and services and promotional offers.
Information collected by external organisations
Collection of personal information
In all cases where Zoos Victoria retains your personal information for our purposes, we treat it the same way as we treat our other confidential information. We do not sell (or otherwise make available) the information to any other organization, unless required to do so by law.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you can ask us to modify our records.
You can make a request to access the information we keep about you by writing to:
PO Box 74
Parkville VIC 3052
When you email us, we will:
- Record your email address
- Only use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it
- Not add your email address to any mailing list, unless you have specifically requested this
- Not disclose your email address without your consent
Other personal information collected by us (for example through the use of an online form) will only be:
- Collected by lawful and fair means
- Used for a lawful purpose
- Collected with your consent
The purpose for collection will always be clear and explicit.
How we capture information
We use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual's computer hard drive for record-keeping. Your cookie may be sent at various times during your visit to our website and may be updated as you access our many different areas.