- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
- Visit our zoos
- What's on
- Fighting extinction
- Get involved
Access for All 2013
Once again Zoos Victoria, with the support of IOOF Foundation and the Portland House Foundation, offer schools from disadvantaged and regionally isolated areas the opportunity to apply for funding to visit either Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo or Healesville Sanctuary to attend an interactive education session in 2013.
Access for All program timelines
- Applications closed at 4:30pm on Friday 2 November 2012
- Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we have had to extend the deadline of notifications to schools. Schools will now be notified by Monday 19 November 2012.
- Visitation period Term 1, 2013 (6 February to 29 March 2013). Dates outside this time frame will not be considered.
What is covered under the Access for All program*?
- travel to the zoo or sanctuary – transport costs may be part or fully reimbursed to the school dependant on amount applied for* (maximum one 56-seat coach)
- student entry to one Zoos Victoria property and an education session – the learning programs available are outlined at education.
*Zoos Victoria reserves the right to allocate funding for a different amount of students than applied for, or part reimbursement of the bus cost to ensure equitable distribution of funds under the Access for All program.
*Maximum of 50 students per school (schools can attend with more students, however this is the maximum number granted via this funding).
Which schools are eligible?
- Open to schools in Victoria that are able to visit a Zoos Victoria property within the 2013 school year between the dates of 6 February 2013 to 29 March 2013.
- Priority will be given to schools that have not previously been able to access the zoo in the last three years, listed as ‘disadvantaged' or from regionally isolated areas.
- Schools from regionally isloated areas are encouraged to submit a joint application with other schools from their neighbouring areas (maximum 50 students, and one 56-seater coach).
- Applications must be endorsed by the school principal.
- If successful, schools are required to complete an online evaluation form.
- This offer is valid for a Learning Programs Session (independent visitors without a lesson are excluded).
- This funding is not transferable between Zoos Victoria properties.
Zoos Victoria acknowledges the IOOF Foundation and The Portland House Foundation for their support and funding of this program.
How to apply
- Applications closed at 4:30pm on Friday 2 November 2012.