- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Take the Fighting extinction challenge: collaborate and take action
Teachers and students work together to investigate conservation issues, propose solutions, and take meaningful action.
Students should prepare for their research. The big idea, essential question, the challenge and guiding questions are the pre-visit materials that need to be considered and discussed before visiting Melbourne Zoo.
Big idea: Sustainability: wildlife conservation
Essential question: Do zoos help animals in the wild?
The challenge: Develop your own idea to help wildlife in your home, school or community.
- Should animals be kept in captive environments?
- Does a visit to Melbourne Zoo help animals in the wild?
- Are you impacting wildlife in your everyday lifestyle?
Melbourne Zoo activities
- Investigate an animal at Melbourne Zoo that is threatened and the action you can take to fight its extinction.
- Keeper talks are a great way to learn firsthand about the challenges our wildlife faces from the people who dedicate their lives to animal protection.
Create your own community conservation campaign to help save wildlife. Visit Actwild.org.au for ideas and inspiration, then share what you have done with us at email@example.com and we'll put it up on Wild Activists.
- ActWild: www.actwild.org.au
- Find out about Zoos Victoria's Conservation Projects
- Find out more about Challenge based Learning