Love Your Locals Teacher PD
Zoos Victoria is working hard to fight extinction. Our pledge is to ensure that no Victorian terrestrial species will go extinct on our watch. We can’t do it on our own, we need your help!
Do you know who your locals are and who needs saving? Immerse yourself in the grasslands to learn practical skills and knowledge to find out who your locals are and how you can engage your students in the challenge to fight their extinction while addressing AusVELS curriculum and the Resource Smart Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative (AuSSI Vic).
Enrich both yourself and your curriculum by learning about:
- how you can engage your students as Citizen Scientists in the field and contribute to valuable environmental data
- the Recovery program for the endangered Eastern Barred Bandicoot and how you can join us to fight its extinction
- behaviour change tools Zoos Victoria uses to inspire our visitors to take action for conservation
- how human and natural factors have caused changes to grasslands over time
- digital learning technologies that can be used to help you identify who your local species are.